St. Mary of Nazareth Council 11643
We are part of an international organization based on four core principles of CHARITY, UNITY, FRATERNITY and PATRIOTISM. These are reflected in our council activities:
- Fund raising for people with intellectual disabilities (PID drive)
- Winter Coat drive
- Support of pro-life activities
- Support of seminarians
- Pancake breakfast and Lenten fish fries
- “Keep Christ in Christmas” religious cards
- Family and youth activities
- Support of Iowa Knights of Columbus state activities
- Monthly meetings on fourth Thursdays with Rosary at 6:45 pm and business meeting at 7.
The Knights of Columbus was formed in 1882 to render financial aid to members and their families. The Knights has grown to more than 15,100 councils and 1.9 million members throughout the United States, Canada, the Philippines, Mexico, Poland, the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Panama, the Bahamas, the Virgin Islands, Cuba, Guatemala, Guam, Saipan, Lithuania, Ukraine, and South Korea.
In 2015, the Knights of Columbus set a new all-time record for the 17th consecutive year. Our charitable donations increased to a new total of $175,079,192. In addition, we achieved our highest level of charitable service in 2015, volunteering more than 73.4 million hours of service worldwide.
If you’d like to be a part of a dynamic group of Catholic men whose principal work involves helping others in need, we’d like to meet you and invite you to join us.
Mark Sexton 339-0088
Randy Schuh 720-3387