What is the Growing our Faith group?
The mission of the Growing our Faith (GOF) group is to provide ways to light the fire of the Holy Spirit within the St. Mary’s community through education, evangelization, prayers and service.
Are you interested in opportunities to grow your faith and provide opportunities for our parish to do the same? We are always welcoming new ideas and participants, so please join us in the Mansion Meeting Room on the 3rd Thursday of the month at 7:00 PM or contact Danielle Kuhn (firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-490-3599).
Monthly meetings focus on (1) faith forming reflections and opportunities for members and (2) discussion on GOF initiatives for the parish.
What’s happening in 2016?
- Emmaus House retreat for GOF members: Feb. 20
- Lenten 60 Scripture Sharing: Mondays at 6:30 pm – Feb. 15 – Mar. 16
- Lenten Communal Penance: Mar TBD
- Informal educational sessions on the sacraments and Holy Week: Feb / Mar
- Rediscover Jesus book study: TBD
- St. Joseph’s shelter meal: July
- Bible and the Virgin Mary video series: TBD
- Movie night & potluck: Dec. 3
- And more being considered
Other ongoing faith-filled initiatives sponsored by GOF include:
- First Friday Adoration
- Mary’s Meals
- Christ Renews His Parish (CRHP)
- Lighthouse Communications CD’s & books
- Knowing & Growing Our Faith bulletin reflection
- Monthly topics on What Makes Us Catholic?
A few other programs from prior years:
- 33 Days to Morning Glory home retreat
- God’s NOT Dead and Mary of Nazareth Movie Nights
- How to Read the Bible
- Bible timeline
- Rediscovering Catholicism book study
- Bible Timeline